At the Hertzog Homestead Bed and Breakfast, we not only think that it is important to live lightly on the land, we try our best to put that concept into practice each day to provide you with green lodging – a vacation spot that is environmentally friendly. At our bed and breakfast, we find small ways to reduce our impact on the environment each day, but some of the most visible ways include:
- Solar Energy: We installed solar panels in September of 2011. Solar energy provides all our electric needs, powering everything from our lights to our energy efficient central air to our hot tub. We think it looks pretty good too! Take a look for yourself.
- Buy Local: All our produce, eggs, and baked goods comes from our local Amish and Mennonite farms.
- Hot Water: All our hot water is heated via electric which we produce ourselves.
- Water Conservation: Guests staying multiple days, please hang dry your towels if you wish to re-use them and save laundry water. If you want new towels just leave the wet towels on the bathroom floor or in the tub. We will replace them.
- Windows: Windows in the B&B are new and energy efficient.